Training Schools are one of the type of networking activities organised by a Cost Action to help the Action achieve their MoU Objectives and deliver impact with regard to Capacity Building and Research Coordination.
SENSORFINT Cost Action organises its Second Training School on Spectroscopy aims to deepen the trainee’s knowledge in the fundamentals, data processing and applications of different non-destructive spectral sensors. The training school will give an introduction to practical applied spectroscopy for assessment of food quality. Focus will be on near-infrared (NIR) and Raman spectroscopy. There will be lectures, some practical experience with instrumentation, as well as exercises in analysis of spectral data.
The SENSORFINT Second Training School will be celebrated from 12 Sept -2023 (9.00 pm) to 14 Sept -2023 (16.00 pm) at the Food Research Institute Nofima, Campus Ås, Norway. Modality: face to face
SUMMARY OF THE TRAINING PROGRAM:
- Introduction to NIR, HSI and Raman spectroscopy.
- Key aspects in the development of applications.
- Representative sampling and its importance.
- Spectral data processing: calibration and validation.
- Applications of spectral sensors in food applications.
- Use of spectral sensors in process control.
- Visit to the spectral sensor lab of Nofima.
- Practical sessions for data processing.
- Lola Pérez Marín, University of Córdoba
- Tom Fearn, University College London
- Marion O’Farrell, SINTEF
- Jens Petter Wold, Nofima
- Nils Kristian Afseth, Nofima
- Erik Tengstrand, Nofima
- Katinka Dankel, Nofima
- Tiril Lintvedt, Nofima
IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE CALL
Call launched: 12th May 2023
Application deadline: 29th May 2023
Decision by the evaluation committee: 14th June 2023
This call is open to all participants, but priority will be given to Young Researchers and Innovators (researchers and innovators age below 40). A balance between Working Groups, gender and geographical range will also be considered.
Eligibility and more info in Annotated Rules for Cost Actions. Please see at https://www.cost.eu/funding/documents-guidelines/ for full details).
HOW TO APPLY
The applicant should complete:
- A fully completed COST TS application form (see the template).
- A motivation letter.
- Applicant CV (reduced version 4 pages maximum).
* This information must be submitted to the following persons by email:
The Chair of the COST Action (Prof. Lola Pérez Marín, firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Vice Chair (Prof. Tom Fearn, email@example.com)
The TS coordinator (Dr. Jens Peter Wold firstname.lastname@example.org)
They will be in charge of the selection procedure.
|SENSORFINT TRAINING SCHOOL APPLICATION FORM|
|Full name of the candidate|
|Affiliation (name of the Institution)|
|Country of the institution|
|Address of the Institution|
|Gender of the candidate|
|Email of the candidate|
|Young Researchers and Innovators (researchers and innovators age below 40). (Yes/No)|
|Type of member of SENSORFINT:
MC member, Partner
If the applicant does not belong to SENSORFINT, please indicate NO